CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Bash!!! Surprise Style!

Caution...this is a HUGE post!!! On last Friday, Stacie (Adrian's wife) and myself (along with the help of my wonderful, amazing sister Julie) planned a surprise party for Rob and Adrian (their birthdays are just a few days apart). And because Rob was turning 30, I decided to go all out! Here are Rob and Adrian (being very kind and posing for a photo)! Happy Birthday you guys!
The planning for the party started about a month ago. It wasn't until I was in Idaho for my sister's wedding that I had a brillant idea (after watching Ace of Cakes). To make a life-size electric guitar cake. So on Wednesday, Brooke and I went over to Julie's house and baked a cake.
Here is Brooke helping (or not helping I can't remember at this point).
Here is the pan of left-over pieces of cake. I am glad Julie had mutual because most of the "scraps" got eaten.
Julie and Trevor helping out!
Because the cake was so large we had to cut it into sections to freeze. Here is the handle part.

Here is the body of the guitar, and part of the handle. This cake took up Julie's entire freezer. I am just glad it fit.
On Thursday, I told Rob I was going to play volleyball but instead I went to Julie's house and we decorated it. It was a lot of fun. It didn't take too long and I think we did a pretty good job.
Here is how we had to cover it Thursday night. We used legos to hold the foil up so it wouldn't smudge the cake.
Here is the final product! Look at all those details! Thanks for all your help Julie!

Finally the big day. Brooke was napping over at Julie's house so I could finish shopping and cook some food. I get this call at 3:15 from Julie that Brooke's arm hurts. That she won't let anyone touch it. Julie is really worried so I hurry up and finish the food and change my clothes and head over. I get there around 3:40 (20 minutes before it is time to set-up and we still need to get balloons) and Brooke's arm looks a little funny...it is just hanging by her side. So my first thought was just to bag the whole party. But Julie said she would go and help Stacie set-up and I would take Brooke to the InstaCare for x-rays.

We wait at the InstaCare, for what seems like forever (2 hours) and finally we get some x-rays. The doctor said he thought it was her elbow so we go into the x-ray room and the tech has me hold Brooke's arm in a couple different positions, the whole time she is crying and then I start crying because she is in so much pain, to take x-rays. We finish and go back to the room. By the time we get back to the room Brooke is just fine. Apparently she had dislocated her elbow and the tech "popped" it back into place while she was trying to take the x-rays. By this time it was 6:10 pm and Rob and Adrian had already been "surprised" but we headed over to the party.

Just a few more photos of the cake.

We reserved the church so the kids could just run around in the gym.
Decorations.
Food table.
Here are Rob and Adrian ready to blow out the candles.
Making a wish.
We decided to take the party a little "old school". We played musical chairs and had a pinata.



It got a little competitive near the end.



(Trevor had to borrow Brooke's clothes, hence the hot pink shirt).
The pinata kept falling off the rope so in the end they just used it as a baseball.
It was a great evening. Thanks everyone who came (not everyone is pictured).




Brooke waiting to leave while we are cleaning up! "Let's go guys!"

8 comments:

Amy Michelle said...

Holy Cow girl you and Julie sure know how to throw a party! FYI I turn 30 in March.....(Hint) :)

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

It was a great party! You did such a awesome job on that cake and we all had a fun time. I might have to hire you to help me with Anthony's 30th b-day. :)

Megan said...

Rob- Happy 30th Birthday. You are so old. :) It looks like a great party Jeana- I LOVE the cake!

Melea said...

Wow! That cake is amazing! I will need some help for Jeff's 30th party so start thinking!

Jason and Jaymee England said...

Ok you and julie have some darn cute kids! i have never seen trevor so happy then in the picture of him and julie in her kitchen! he looks so happy! As for the pink shirt please when he gets older don't show him that! ha! love ya

Heidi Henderson said...

Again... another amazing job you did! That cake is out of this world amazing! Wow! I love that show Ace of Cakes too... what a clever idea! I am sure Rob and Adrian LOVED it! You are such a good mom and wife... with Brook's visit to the hospital and the party... balancing it all... Good job!!!

Emily M said...

How fun! You guys did an amazing job on that cake. That would be WAY beyond me.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday Rob! And may I just say, that is the most awesome cake, Jeana! Wow!