CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quack, Quack

Yesterday, after my softball game we went over to the park and fed the ducks. This is one of my all-time favorite things to do. My grandma and grandpa would take us to feed the ducks when we were little and then we would go to McDonalds. It just brings back some of the best memories. Anyways there were ducklings. Some of the cutest, smallest ducklings ever. You can see then (not in too much detail though) in this photo. Brooke was a little scared and none of her pieces got to the water, but I am sure she'll get the hang of it.
We were looking at these ducklings and this girl, around the age of 8ish, started to walk along this fence to see the ducklings better. The mom and dad duck would have nothing to do with that so they started honking, flying, flapping, lunging toward this poor girl and she had no idea what to do. So she started running towards the ducklings to get away from the parents. Not the best idea because they just got more upset. Robert told the girl to run towards us, and then they finally left her alone. Poor girl. It had me a little scared and the girl had this panic look on her face mixed with tears. It is a little funny now, but when it was happening I didn't think it was too funny...if I would have been that little girl I would have been terrified. I probably would never have fed the ducks again.






0 comments: