CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 6, 2009

You gotta love timer photos!
Me swimming at the waterfall.

The rocks and you can see a lot more of the whole waterfall here.
On Monday we went on a kayaking trip...one of my most favorite things we did. We went through a company called Maui Kayaks and they are awesome!!! Our guide pulled a shark out of the cave and it was swam about 15 feet past us. I wish we had a camera under the water. But there were huge sea turtles, an octapus, Gill (off "Finding Nemo") and so many other fish. Our guide would get a few things and let us touch them. We also saw a whale before we got in the water (too bad it wasn't while we were kayaking) and dolphins after we got out. We also saw one of Tiger Wood's homes. IT WAS AWESOME...above is me and my kayak--we bonded. I love snorkling here. I had a life jacket on and my feet couldn't touch so my flippers didn't freak me out quite as much (still a little freaky).

This is where we got in to snorkle. We also had a yummy lunch on the beach provided by Maui Kayaks.
After kayaking we went to Big Beach (thanks Angie for the tip). This beach was beautiful and the weather was so nice. It was really the only sunny, sunny day we had while we were there. We laid on the beach reading (thanks Sterling for the recommendation on the book for Rob...he loved it) and then played in the waves. It was such a beautiful beach.


Don't you just love some of my poses.
So we stayed at the Napili Kai (I have mentioned this) and I loved it. On Monday Night they had something called a Putting Party. It was really windy but they paired us up with other visitors so you could meet new people. Rob and I got paired up with Harold and Jack. Harold was Rob's partner and is 98 years old and has been at staying at the Napili Kai for the longest time. My partner was Jack and he was from Alaska. He was kind because the wind was really throwing off my putting skills. We won the worst player award...Free Drinks at the resturant at the resort.
Here we are before we go and get our drinks from the resturant. I got a virgin Pina Colada and Rob got a virgin Strawberry Dacari (sp).

View from our lanai out of our room. The grounds were so pretty (notice the wind).

We left Wednesday night (we had the red-eye from Oahu). So Wednesday morning we hiked and did some shopping.
At Whaler's Village right in from of the DEL SOL store...we love Del Sol.
This tree is in Lahania. It takes up the whole block...pretty cool. One night we went to Lahania and ate at Cool Cats and had the best burger, fries, and rings...ever.
The trip to Hawaii really was a dream come true! Thanks Del Sol for making it happen! I hope to go back again sometime because it really is a place I could go again and again!!!

6 comments:

Julie Williams said...

It was fun looking at the second set of Hawaii pictures as well!!! What a great trip! Congratulations on being the worst golfing team, you should have stayed longer so you could have the gotten most improved team--maybe next time!!

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Wow, I'm so totally jealous. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Hawaii too. I'm so glad that you had such a good time. All the pictures are great.

liz said...

hey jeana! oh my goodness, i LOVE hawaii... i went spring/summer for 2 years to byu hawaii. its so funny to see your pictures because it seems like i was just at all those places the other day .. and the dole whips i still dream about them as well as the dessert from the pcc! it looks like yall had a great time and cute swimsuit! how are you doing? are you still working at northampton? i got your comment last night and it was so good to hear from you! talk to you soon!

Brooke said...

I LOVE your pictures! Now why didn't my Hawaii pics turn out like that? Oh wait, I know because you are a photography goddess! Glad you guys made your mark on the islands. Make sure that's not your last trip!

The Hobson Clan said...

Jeana,

Thank you for sharing so many pictures! It brought back so many wonderful memories! Our computer crashed a month later and we lost all of our Hawaii pics! :-( Guess we'll have to go back!

I'd love to hear moreabout your trip! We need to get together!

Susan said...

So glad you got to go and have such a great time. Hawaii truly is paradise! Thanks for sharing your photos and making me wish I had a return trip planned soon! :)